You can add topic tags to your Stories to make sure they reach the right people.
It’s important to make sure your Instagram Stories reach the right people. You can achieve this in many ways—and Instagram’s Themes feature is one of them.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
Not quite familiar with Instagram Themes? Here’s the difference between hashtags and how to add them to your Stories.
What is an Instagram theme?
When you add topics to your Stories, Instagram categorizes them accordingly to show them to people who might be interested in them.
We can hear you asking: “Don’t hashtags have that effect?”.
Topics differ from hashtags in a few ways:
- You can’t search for topics on Instagram the way you can with hashtags. You won’t find a list of topics anywhere on the app except when you add them to your Stories.
- Likewise, you cannot browse content posted by topic such as by hashtag. For example, you won’t find a Themes tab on the app. Instagram decides which Stories to show you based on your interests and topics added to Stories without your knowledge.
- Topics are limited to Stories, while hashtags can be added to many types of content.
- You can only add a limited number of topics, while you can add up to 30 hashtags to a post.
The catch is that you are more likely to like the Stories shown to you based on the topics they are categorized into. With hashtags, users can add buzzwords and unrelated phrases to try to get more people to see their content. So you might end up seeing content that you really aren’t interested in due to keyword stuffing.
Topics provide a more focused approach to reaching the right audience.
How to add a theme to your Instagram story
TikTok’s For You page shows you content you might like based on what you already like. That’s similar to how topics work, so you want to add topics that will get you to the right people’s feeds.
Follow the steps below to add a topic and increase your chances of creating viral Instagram Stories:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile and tap the Upload button (+ icon).
- Select the Scroll option.
- Select the content to upload and start editing it as usual.
- When you get to the final page before publishing, tap Add topic and choose up to three topics. You can choose themes from different categories.
- Tap Done when you’re done and tap the Share button to publish your Story.
The topics you selected won’t show up on your Story. There’s also no direct way to test the effectiveness of the themes you’ve added, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try.
Experiment with different themes to see how effective they are. Start by using similar topics in your Stories (make sure they’re in the same or related niche). Do this for a while to monitor their performance, then try a different set of threads and compare the results. Note any changes in profile visits, engagement, and following. This will help you evaluate which topics and topic combinations yield the best results.
If your Instagram Stories aren’t getting views, mixing up topics can help you get back on track.
Get your story discovered on Instagram
Maybe you’re trying your best to grow your Instagram account. Maybe you’re posting consistently, creating high-quality content, and everything in between.
If you like Stories, consider adding a topic to increase your chances of being seen by people who actually care about them. Just make sure you’re intentional about the topics you add if you want to see real results.
Categories: Tips & Tricks
Source: How to Add Topics to Your Instagram Reels – Tekmonk Bio, How to Add Topics to Your Instagram Reels – KOLNetworth, How to Add Topics to Your Instagram Reels – Blogtomoney