Instagram has a lot of settings specifically for user privacy, including likes. Here are instructions on how to hide Instagram likes in the app’s settings.
Instagram has been a social media platform since its launch in 2010, allowing users to post photos and videos, and stay in touch with their friends.
Over 10 years since the app’s launch, it was acquired by Facebook and tweaked to incorporate brand new features, many of which are focused on user privacy.
Here are instructions on how to hide the number of likes your photos/videos get from others and how to hide them on other people’s posts.
How to hide likes on Instagram
Unsplash: Claudio SchwarzInstagram gives users many options to personalize their experience on the app.
Turning off visibility of Instagram likes is simple and can be easily done from within the app on your smartphone.
To hide all likes on a post, do the following:
- Go to your Instagram profile and click on the three lines in the top right.
- Click Settings on the pop-up menu.
- In the Search bar at the top, type the word “posts” and select the first option that appears. It should just read “Articles”.
- Click the slider at the first option, “Hide likes and views”. This will cause Instagram posts to no longer show the number of likes below them!
How to hide likes on your own Instagram posts
Unsplash: NeONBRAND Do you have a post that you don’t want to show the number of likes on? Yes, you are lucky.
If you just want no one to be able to see the number of likes on your own posts then the process is very simple. Just follow these short steps:
- Click on the post you want to hide the number of likes
- Click on the three dots in the top right of your screen, just above the photo
- One option that should read is “Hide Like Count”. Click that and your likes on that post will not appear to others.
From here, you can also do things like turn off comments or edit your posts, making it easy to make quick adjustments or block out any unwanted noise.
- Read more: How to add music to Instagram posts and stories
And there you have it! All the steps you need to take to properly hide likes from posts across Instagram, including your own.
If you want to know more about how to use Instagram, you can check out our other tutorials here:
How to link your Instagram account with TikTok | How to see your first liked Instagram post | How to switch Instagram feed to chronological | How to reshare a post to your Instagram Story | How to make money on Instagram | How to hide likes on Instagram