Here’s everything you need to know about TikTok’s active status feature, which shows when you’re online.
Have you ever wondered if you can see people’s activity status on TikTok? The answer is yes, but only if you agree to let others see yours.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
TikTok’s active status feature was introduced in 2022, so some users don’t know about it or may be curious about how it works. Here’s what to know about TikTok’s active status feature and how to turn it on or off.
What is active status on TikTok?
Active Status lets people know when you’re online or when you were last active on TikTok. This can help them evaluate the likelihood that you will respond to their comments on time.
TikTok’s operating status includes the following information:
- Your activity status tells people when you’re currently online.
- Last active status shows people a timestamp of when you were last active if you’re not currently online.
Are you not comfortable with some people contacting you on TikTok anymore? Consider blocking TikTok users you don’t want from accessing your profile.
How to set your active status on TikTok
You can turn on your activity status to let your friends know when you’re active and when they’re online. Here’s how:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Tap Profile in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap the three-bar menu in the top right corner of your profile and select the Settings and privacy option at the bottom.
- Select Privacy.
- Enable Active status.
If you decide to hide your activity status, follow the steps above and disable the setting. Just note that you won’t be able to see other people’s activity status if you do this.
How to check someone’s activity status on TikTok
You can check someone’s activity status if you follow each other (TikTok calls these mutual followers) and you both have this feature enabled. If either of you turns this setting off, you won’t be able to see each other’s activity status.
TikTok lets people know when you’ve viewed their profile. You can view TikTok profiles anonymously to avoid being seen as creepy.
To see if a user is online, simply visit their profile. If their profile picture has a green dot, it means they’re online.
TikTok can show someone online for a while after they’ve been inactive. You can also check your shared followers’ activity status in your message threads, inboxes, and when you share TikTok videos with them or tag them in comments.
If they’re not online, look for them in your message thread or inbox to check when they were last active. The app will tell you how long ago it was, as long as it wasn’t more than two days ago.
Why is TikTok activity status not showing?
Some users encountered problems with activity status on TikTok. There are a number of reasons why it might not show up when enabled.
- You may not be eligible for this feature. Active status is only available to TikTok users 18 years of age or older.
- Your application may be out of date. Consider updating TikTok to access the latest features, such as activity status.
- The general follower probably hasn’t used TikTok for more than two days.
- The user has disabled their active status.
- You have disabled your active status.
Should you enable Active Status on TikTok?
Showing your activity status is optional on TikTok. Enable it if you want to see when your friends are online or when they were last active and vice versa. But that may not be an option if you want to protect your privacy.
The good news is that the active state is not permanent; You can always turn this setting off if you change your mind. TikTok also doesn’t send notifications to your friends when you’re online, so they won’t visit your profile when you’re on TikTok.