If you want to share your live or current location on WhatsApp, here’s what you should do.
Do you want to let someone know your exact location? WhatsApp has a feature that allows you to share your live location with any contact with just a few taps on the screen.
MUO VIDEO OF THE DAY SCROLL TO CONTINUE CONTENT
Whether you’re traveling or letting someone know where you are, here’s how to share your current and live location on Android and iOS devices.
How to send your live location on WhatsApp
WhatsApp allows you to send your live location to anyone with a WhatsApp account. There are two types of locations you can send: Live Locations and Current Locations.
Live location sharing on WhatsApp provides real-time updates about your whereabouts over a certain period of time. If you share your current location, the recipient will only see a pin about your current location. You can send your location in WhatsApp groups and chat personally.
Share your location on WhatsApp for Android
To share your live location on Android using WhatsApp:
- Open the chat or group you want to send the location to.
- Tap the paperclip icon on the bottom right of your screen.
- From the menu that opens, select Location.
- Select Share live location or Send your current location, depending on your preference.
- If you choose Live location sharing, you can choose how long to share your location. Choose your preferred time slot, add a comment if you want, and tap the arrow icon in the bottom right corner to share your live location.
If you want to stop sharing your location before the time you set, tap Stop sharing at the bottom of the message sharing your location. This applies to both group and individual chats.
The steps to share your location are the same on standard WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business. You can test this feature by sending a message to yourself on WhatsApp.
Share your location on WhatsApp for iPhone
Here’s how to share your live location on WhatsApp using iPhone:
- Open the chat where you want to share your location and tap the + icon.
- Select Location from the pop-up menu.
- Tap Share live location or Send your current location.
Like Android, if you want to stop sharing your live location, tap the Stop sharing button.
To use this feature on both Android and iOS devices, you need to enable location access for WhatsApp in your phone settings. And to be safe, just set permissions to Allow only when using the app or Ask every time.
Sharing your live location using WhatsApp is easy
With WhatsApp’s live location sharing feature, it’s easy to let someone know exactly where you are. You will no longer need to spend too much time looking for friends in crowded spaces anymore.
Although the live location sharing feature on WhatsApp is very useful, you should use caution when using it. Don’t share your live location with people you don’t know or trust. This way, you can stay safe and not put yourself at risk.
Categories: Tips & Tricks
Source: How to Share Your Live Location on WhatsApp – Tekmonk Bio, How to Share Your Live Location on WhatsApp – KOLNetworth, How to Share Your Live Location on WhatsApp – Blogtomoney