JAMES Martin has updated fans on his health and revealed he is taking a three-month break from television work.
The TV chef, 51, reportedly told a live audience in Liverpool that he was “getting settled” this month after his battle with cancer.
TV chef James Martin gave fans a health update Credit: Getty
The star reportedly told fans in Liverpool to ‘get some rest’ Credit: twitter
James revealed this summer that he underwent facial cancer surgery in 2018.
And speaking to an audience at one of his band’s live gigs this week, he said he revealed he was taking “a bit of a break”.
According to the Mirror, James told the crowd at Liverpool’s Philharmonic Hall: “On a personal note, I just wanted to say thank you for 30 years of television.
“For me personally, I’ve been through a lot of crap with cancer, but I’ll be fine at the end of next month.
READ MORE ABOUT JAMES MARTIN
“I’ll be back fighting at the end of February, but I’m going on a little break to sort it out.”
James, who is currently on tour with The James Martin Band, added: “I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your messages.”
In July, the This Morning chef revealed his battle with cancer after being at the center of shock bullying claims.
Apologizing, James admitted that the end of 2017 was “one of the most tense and difficult periods of my life”.
James said he underwent surgery for facial cancer in 2018, before returning on “several occasions”.
He also revealed how he was robbed by a masked gang, and that his grandfather tragically died in the same period.
It comes after James was heard swearing 42 times in leaked audio as his anger boiled over after a drain was blocked at his home during filming for Saturday Morning.
Referring to his cancer diagnosis, James explained: “[On top of this] Then I was diagnosed with facial cancer and had to have surgery, which I wasn’t able to do until two days before Christmas when we finished filming.
“Since then it has come back several times and I have to have regular treatments.”
In late October, James confirmed that ITV had renewed his Saturday Morning show.
It was hanging in the balance after the leaked audio.
Again, speaking at the live event, Birmingham Live reported that James told his audience: “I want to thank everyone for their support.
“It was a difficult time and I wasn’t feeling well.
“But I wanted to let you know about the future of my Saturday show because ITV made a decision yesterday.
“So ITV have decided to renew the Saturday show for another year. We’ve just found out.”
James’ show Saturday Morning has been renewed by ITVCredit: ITV
The chef underwent facial cancer surgery in 2018 Credits: Rex
Links: James Martin reveals he’s stepping back from TV work as he gives cancer update – Tekmonk Bio, James Martin reveals he’s stepping back from TV work as he gives cancer update – Kungfutv, James Martin reveals he’s stepping back from TV work as he gives cancer update – Hot News