Kotha Prabhakar Reddy is an Indian politician and a member of the Bharatiya Rashtra Samithi (BRS) (formerly Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)) political party. He was elected as Medak MP in 2014 and 2019.
Kotha Prabhakar Reddy was born on Monday 6 June 1966 (57 years old; as of 2023) in Po, Dubhakar Mandal, Medak District, Telangana State, India Tallam Village. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He pursued BA (1985) from Government Degree College, Medak, Siddipet, Osmania University.
Height (approximately): 5′10″
Hair color: black
Eye color: black
Parents and siblings
His father’s name is Kishta Reddy and mother’s name is Lalithamma.
wife and children
Kotha Prabhakar Reddy’s wife K. Manjulatha is a businesswoman. He has two children, a son named K. Prithvi Krishna Reddy and a daughter named K. Keerthi Reddy, who is an entrepreneur. She is the co-founder and COO of StaTwig and was included in the most prestigious Forbes India 30 Under 30 list in 2021.
He believes in Hinduism.
His permanent address is House No. 2-9, Potharam, Dubbaka, Siddipet, Telangana.
Since 1986, Kotha Prabhakar Reddy has been running his family business Soni Transports, a Hyderabad-based logistics company with hundreds of buses and trucks. He entered politics as a member of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) (now Bharatiya Rashtra Samithi (BRS)). He was elected as Medak MP in the 2014 by-election, defeating INC candidate Vakiti Sunitha Laxma Reddy by 3,61,286 votes.
In the 2014 general elections, TRS party president K Chandrashekar Rao won the Medak seat with an absolute majority of 6,57,492 votes. However, he had to vacate his seat to become chief minister of the newly formed state of Telangana and hold a by-election in the constituency. It was speculated that the TRS would lose this seat after Rao left, but Reddy’s victory in the by-election was a major shock to the opposition. He was re-elected as Medak MP in the 2019 general elections, defeating Congress candidate Galli Anil Kumar by 3,16,427 votes.
Dubbak assembly constituency fell vacant in 2020 after the death of BRS leader Solipeta Ramalinga Reddy. BRS fielded his wife Solipeta Sujatha to contest from the bypoll seat but she lost to the BJP candidate M. Raghunandan Rao. After the defeat in the November 2020 by-election, Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao appointed Prabhakar Reddy as BRS Siddipet district president and in charge of party affairs in Dubbak. He is contesting from Dubbak seat in the 2023 Telangana Legislative Assembly elections.
Assets and property
- Bank Deposit: Rs 9,93,204
- Personal Loan/Advance: Rs 2,71,29,916
- Motor vehicles: Rs 14,50,000
- Agricultural land: Rs 9,43,50,000
- Non-agricultural land: Rs 23,00,50,000
- Commercial Building: Rs 21,09,40,000
- Residential Building: Rs 3,90,00,000
Note: The movable and immovable property estimates given are based on fiscal year 2019. Excludes assets owned by his wife and dependents.
In 2019, his net worth was Rs 48,65,21,984. This does not include his wife and dependents’ net worth.
- He was actively involved in the Telangana statehood movement.
- In 2023, Prabhakar was stabbed in the abdomen by a man named Gatani Raju. The incident occurred when Prabhakar was campaigning as a candidate from Dubbak assembly constituency in Surampalli village. As a result, local BRS cadres caught Raju and attacked him with sticks and hands. According to reports, Gatani Raju is a member of Jai Congress Mirdoddi Mandal. After the incident, Raju was detained and a case of attempt to murder was registered against him. Prabhakar was taken to Yashoda Hospital in Secunderabad, where he underwent a four-hour surgery. Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao accuses opposition of ‘promoting hooliganism and violence’
Links: Kotha Prabhakar Reddy Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Tekmonk Bio, Kotha Prabhakar Reddy Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Kungfutv, Kotha Prabhakar Reddy Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Hot News