Narender Berwal is an Indian boxer. In 2023, he won a bronze medal in the boxing super heavyweight (+91kg) category at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou, China. He is also a Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) of the Indian Army.
Narender Berwal was born on Monday, November 14, 1994, in Hisar, Haryana, India (28 years old; as of 2023). His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Weight (approximately): 95kg
Hair color: black
Eye color: black
Parents and siblings
His father’s name is Jagdish Chandel and his mother’s name is Roshani Devi.
He is unmarried.
He started his boxing career in 2010. Later, he started training under the guidance of SAI coach Davraj in Bhiwani, Haryana.
Participated in many state and national boxing championships. He won the 3rd Youth Haryana Boxing Championship in Dadri, Haryana (2011), the 44th Youth Men’s National Boxing Championship in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh (2011), the 38th Won gold medals in the 2012 Youth Men’s Haryana Boxing Championship (2012) and the 45th Youth Men’s Boxing Championship. Men’s National Boxing Championship held in Patiala, Punjab (2012). In 2012, he made his international debut in the super heavyweight category at the World Youth Championships in Yerevan, Armenia. In 2013, he participated in the ASBC Asian Federation Youth Boxing Championships held in Subic, Philippines. In 2018, he defeated Russia’s Sergey Egorov at the World Boxing Series event in Rohtak, Haryana. He won the 2020 World Boxing Series.
— Narender Berwal 🇮🇳 (@berwal_narender) May 29, 2020
In 2021, he defeated India’s Sagar Chikara in the semi-finals of the Indian National Championship in Bellary, Karnataka. In September 2023, he advanced to the quarter-finals after defeating his opponent Umatbek Elchoro Uru in the 19th Asian Games Preliminary-R16 Men’s +92kg competition.
He won a bronze medal at the 2022 Asian Games. Narender lost 0-5 in the semi-finals to Olympic and World Championship medalist Kamshbek Kunkabayev of Kazakhstan. As a result, he missed his chance to qualify for the Olympics.
- Bronze Medal, National Youth Boxing Championships, Chennai (2010)
- Won a gold medal at the 45th National Junior Boys Boxing Championships in Patiala, Punjab (2012)
- South Asian Games Gold Medal (2019)
— Narender Berwal 🇮🇳 (@berwal_narender) December 10, 2019
- The 4th National Men’s Elite Boxing Championship Gold Medal (2019)
Gold 🥇 Medal in the 4th Elite Men’s National Boxing Championship held in Baddi, Himachal Pradesh. Thanks to all my friends for supporting me. 🙏#champion #boxinglife #winner #IndiaArmy #BFI #Motivated #never give up #diligent pic.twitter.com/mlfMZ1sr2r
— Narender Berwal 🇮🇳 (@berwal_narender) October 11, 2019
- National Senior Boxing Championship Gold Medal (2021)
- Gujarat National Games Gold Medal (2022)
- Asian Boxing Championship Bronze Medal (2022)
- National Senior Boxing Championship Gold Medal (2022)
- Bronze Medal at Asian Games, Hangzhou, China (2023)
He has a Bajrangbali tattoo on his right bicep.
- Narender is a travel enthusiast. Whenever he travels abroad for international boxing tournaments, he travels across the country.
- His favorite car is Mahindra Scorpio Classic. In October 2023, he asked Anand Mahindra, chairman of Mahindra Group, to give him the car.
Hello @anandmahindra Sir, my name is Narender Berwal boxer, I have just won the bronze medal in the Asian Games in China and have won many international medals for my country. I like Mahindra Scorpio Classic please sir I request you to give me this car as soon as possible… pic.twitter.com/aVVYAPaXtL
— Narender Berwal 🇮🇳 (@berwal_narender) October 19, 2023
Links: Narender Berwal (Boxer), Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Tekmonk Bio, Narender Berwal (Boxer), Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Kungfutv, Narender Berwal (Boxer), Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Hot News