Ranvir Shorey is an Indian actor, film producer, songwriter, and VJ. He is famous for his role as Gopi Arya in the Hindi film series “Ek Tha Tiger”.
Ranvir Shorey was born on Friday, August 18, 1972 (age 51; as of 2023) in Jalandhar, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Leo. When he was one year old, his family moved to Mumbai. He went to school in Mumbai. In junior college, he studied science. In the first year after graduation, he changed his major to art. In the second year after graduation, he dropped out. He subsequently completed a Diploma in Film Video Production from Xavier College of Communication, Mumbai and a Diploma in Film Production from Digital Film Institute, New York. Later, he studied practical aesthetics at the Atlantic Theater Company in New York.
Height (approximately): 6′
Hair color: salt and pepper (dyed brown)
Eye color: dark brown
He comes from a Hindu family.
Parents and siblings
His father Krishan Dev Shorey is a film producer. His mother is a Hindi professor. He has two brothers named Lokesh Shorey (actor) and Shrinath Shorey.
wife and children
In 2006, while filming the Hindi movie “Mixed Doubles”, he met Indian actress Konkana Sen. Soon, they became friends and later fell in love with each other. After several years of living together, the couple got engaged in 2008. The couple got married in a private ceremony on September 3, 2010, at their residence in Goregaon.
On March 15, 2011, the couple gave birth to a baby boy named Haroon Shorey.
After less than five years of marriage, the couple separated. In 2020, the couple divorced and shared custody of their son.
Ranveer dated Indian actress and producer Pooja Bhatt. After several years of a live-in relationship, rumors of their engagement began to surface. However, the couple parted ways after some time due to an abusive relationship. In an interview, Pooja spoke about ending her relationship with Ranveer and she said,
I was in a relationship with an alcoholic who beat me regularly. ”
He started his career as a segment director for Plus Channel, a film production company, and worked in the Mirch Masala TV show aired on Doordarshan. He then worked as a producer on the Hindi television series “Mumkin” (1993) aired on DD National. He then worked as a director at Channel V and worked in the channel’s post-production department.
In 1998, he made his debut as presenter/presenter in the English television program “Oye” broadcast on Channel V. He also hosted several other English-language television shows such as “House Arrest” (1998), “Saba” (1999) and “Chat Room” (2000). These programs are broadcast on Channel V.
He has appeared in several Hindi television shows such as The Great Indian Comedy Show (2004; Star One in various roles), Ranvir Vinay Aur Kaun? (2007; Star One as host), “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr Ka Blockbuster” (2014; Colors as contestant) and “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7” (2014; Colors as host).
In 2002, he made his debut in Bollywood with “Ek Chotisi Love Story”, in which he played Manisha’s boyfriend.
He has appeared in several Hindi films such as Lakshya (2004), Khosla Ka Ghosla (2006), Bheja Fry (2007), Singh Is Kinng (2008) and Sonchiriya ” (2019).
Ranvir has acted in several Hindi web series such as Rangbaaz (2018; Zee5), Sacred Games (2019; Netflix), Bomber (2019; Zee5), Sunflower (2021; Zee5) and “Tabbar” (2021; Sony LIV).
He has acted in various short films such as “Saamne Yeh Kaun” (1999), “Mera Dil Hain Hindustani” (2000) and “Shame” (2018).
He has acted in various Hindi and English plays.
In 2010, he appeared in the Hindi TV movie “Kaam Ka Plot”, which was broadcast on Zoom.
- 2017: FOI Online Awards for Best Performance by an Actor in a Hindi Film “Gunji”
- 2019: Gold Award for Best Comedy Actor in Hindi Web Series Metro Park
- 2019: Hindi film Sonchiriya wins the FOI Online Award for Best Supporting Actor
- 2019: Hindi film Sonchiriya wins FOI Online Award for Best Ensemble
- 2019: Hindi film Halkaa wins Indian Film Awards for Best Actor (Critic)
- 2019: Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award
- 2020: India’s Noon Awards for Iconic Versatile Actors
- 2021: Asian Television Awards for Best Supporting Actor in a Hindi Web Series “Sunflower”
- 2021: Oscar gold
- 2023: Stardust Award
- 2023: Midday Influencer Awards
Mahindra XUV 700
- He revealed in an interview that when he was a child, his family lived in a rented two-story apartment. However, after his father’s film failed, his family faced various financial difficulties.
- He once revealed that he was named after Indian actor and producer Raj Kapoor (real name Ranbir Raj). However, Shorey’s name was misspelled during admission and Ranbir became Ranveer.
- While in school, he often participated in various extracurricular activities such as drama and debate competitions.
- He was trained to play sitar and guitar.
- In 2014, he helped form the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Mumbai. However, he ended his association with the party after founding members Prashant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav were expelled from the party.
He became associated with the party during Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption protests in India. Later, he started supporting the Indian political party Swaraj Abhiyan.
- Ranvir Shorey follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- On his YouTube channel of the same name, he uploads some videos of his work.
- In his spare time, he likes to travel, read, and sing.
- To stay healthy, he practices yoga regularly.
- He was often spotted smoking and drinking at parties and events.
- Indian actors Rajat Kapoor and Vinay Pathak are his old friends.
- In an interview, when he was asked if he will participate in the reality show Bigg Boss. He replied,
When I want to die I go to Bigg Boss. Every year they call me, and every year I ask them to call me next year. Luckily, every year I find some work to get me through the year. ”
Links: Ranvir Shorey Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Tekmonk Bio, Ranvir Shorey Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Kungfutv, Ranvir Shorey Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More – Hot News