Filming, saving, and editing TikTok drafts are all simple processes, and knowing how to use drafts to your advantage can make managing your TikTok content a lot easier.
TikTok is a popular short-form video app where users can share and watch viral content. The platform has helped launch the careers of many stars, including Charli D’Amelio and Bella Poarch. TikTok’s drafts feature makes it easy for creators to edit and preview their content before posting.
This allows creators to work on their videos in stages and post videos when they’re ready.
How to create a TikTok draft
- Launch TikTok.
- Press the plus button to open the camera screen.
- Record a movie with the pink button or upload a video from your gallery.
- Tap the pink check mark, then tap ‘next’.
- Then, at the bottom left of the screen, tap the ‘Draft’ button to save it as a draft.
After you save the video, your draft will appear in a dedicated folder at the top of your profile page.
TikTokThe Drafts folder is located on your profile page.
How to edit a TikTok draft
After you save your draft, you can access it and edit or add to it at any time.
- Go to your profile page and tap the ‘Drafts’ folder.
- Tap the draft you want to edit to open it.
- If you want to edit the video yourself, click the back button in the top left corner then click ‘Continue Recording’. From here, you can add new clips, music, filters, etc. Once you’re happy with it, click the pink checkmark to add any stickers or captions, or to adjust your clips.
- Click ‘Next’ again. Here you can edit your video’s privacy details, hashtags, and cover photo.
- To save it as a draft, select the ‘Draft’ button and to post it to your profile, select the ‘Post’ button.
TikTok Various options can be accessed when editing drafts.
How to save TikTok drafts to photo gallery
You may find that after you shoot a draft, you want to keep the footage you’ve shot, but don’t necessarily post it. There’s no direct option to save a draft to your camera roll, but fortunately, there’s a way to save the footage you’ve shot.
- Open your drafts folder and select the video you want to save. Click ‘Next’ to go to the options.
- Where it says ‘who can watch this video’, change it to ‘Only me’.
- In the other options, make sure that the ‘Save to device’ option is switched to the on position.
- Click ‘Post’ to post your video.
- Check your camera roll and your video will be there.
Also, if you want to save your draft without the TikTok watermark:
- Open the draft you want to save.
- Click the video thumbnail to preview.
- Tap the square in the upper right corner to clear the options so you can only watch your video.
- Use your device’s screen recording function to record a video and save it to your photo gallery. (Note: Some buttons will still be visible when using this method, so your video won’t be completely clear.)
In February, some users also reported that they received access to a download button on the edit screen, allowing them to save the video they captured to their device without the watermark. This feature isn’t rolling out to everyone yet, but it might be rolling out soon.
How to delete drafts on TikTok
It’s easy to start collecting a large number of drafts if you keep recording videos without posting them, which can take up space on your phone. Fortunately, deleting drafts on TikTok is simple.
- Go to the Drafts tab on your profile page.
- Tap ‘Select’ in the top right corner.
- Select the video you want to delete.
- Tap ‘Delete’ at the bottom of the screen. Hit delete again on the pop-up to confirm.
It’s also important to note that if you decide to uninstall TikTok, doing so will also delete all of your saved drafts.
If you want to learn more about how to use TikTok, you can check out our other tutorials here:
How to duet on TikTok | How to sew on TikTok | How to go live on TikTok | How to find contacts on TikTok | How to use TikTok Stories | Best time to post on TikTok for more views and likes
Source: TikTok Drafts: How to Save, Edit and Delete Drafts on TikTok – Tekmonk Bio, TikTok Drafts: How to Save, Edit and Delete Drafts on TikTok – KOLNetworth, TikTok Drafts: How to Save, Edit and Delete Drafts on TikTok – Blogtomoney